Thursday, May 28, 2009

Summer starts tomorrow!

I cannot express enough how excited I am for summer; the last day of school is tomorrow! A few days ago, I had a parent cuss at me, and then flip me off. It was then that I decided not to deal with school any more! Chris will be teaching summer school for June and July, but I will not. However, trust me, I will be busy. I need to:
1) Finish up my last 25 hours of my Practicum for gifted and talented education. It was INSANITY to complete 75 of the 100 hours while being engaged. So I need to finish it all up.
2) Go to the Jeff Wilhelm institute in Park City from June 15-19. We had a meeting about it yesterday, and I am excited because we are going to talk about how to better teach reading. I think that it will just refresh my teaching excitement. The problem is, it is in Park City, and Chris can't come with me until Thursday night because he is doing summer school that week.
3) Do Bright Ideas for another part of my gifted and talented Practicum in July. The coordinator says that it is a really good way to get that done.
4) Do scrapbooks of the wedding (and maybe more?)
5) Do thank you cards
6) Meaningful scripture study
7) Exercise
8) Cook good summer food
9) Play with my niece and nephew-- and my brother and sister-in-law too!
10) Redo lesson plans for next year-- I am going to have 4 different classes to prepare for, which is craziness! But I found out today that the district is allowing us to do a lane change, so that is good! See what I get for doing Gifted and Talented?

So, yeah, I have a lot to do! It should be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment