- Went on vacation to China and came home to find that everything was clean and the way that I left it! Amazing! I have done that on several other vacations too!
- Learned the ins and outs of Lowe's and Home Depot.
- Had many friends, dates, and eventually a husband come over here and play with me.
- Fallen in love.
- Been proposed to.
- Received the phone call to say that my grandma die.
- Watched several movies and TV shows, including, most notably, the Ken Burns's Civil War and most of the first season of Lost here.
- Had 15 people over in my tiny family room watching a movie here.
- Had the Rusch family over for Thanksgiving, and somehow pulled it off to host it here. That was truly amazing!
- Experienced the adventures of shopping for furniture, a piano, a new water heater, paint, carpeting, flooring, and much more to make this place complete.
- Gotten many callings here, including Relief Society presidency (a few of those), Primary Presidency, and bishopric.
- Made many many meals in our kitchen.
- Had a lot of family members come to visit, including:
- Chris's dad, who came to set him apart as a high priest.
- Chris's mom, who came to stay for a little while.
- My mom, who came to help with the birth of my nephew.
- Our niece, who came for a couple of sleepovers.
- Our brothers, when they have needed a place to stay because their BYU apartments have kicked them out.
- Other brothers, who just came for fun.
- Read many books.
- Laughed a lot.
- Cried a lot.
- Slept in.
- Woke up early.
- Stayed up late.
- Got a Wii to play video games and watch Netflix on.
- Done a lot of studying.
- Went to the Provo Library to use their internet because I was too cheap to get my own to pay for during three weeks of being in China.
Monday, March 7, 2011
I am having a mix of emotions flooding me right now. You see, I am moving out of the place that I have lived for five years. Chris has lived with me for two of those five years. Here are some things that have happened while I have lived here (in no particular order):
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Saturday, March 5, 2011
This has been kind of a crazy week for the Rusch family. At the beginning of the week, I found a place listed on Craigslist.org that I thought was fantastic looking. I have been somewhat "stalking" craigslist for the last few months, hoping to find the perfect place to move to. Part of the reason is that I am a bit compulsive, and just wanted to find the perfect place for when we actually move out of our condo. Anyway, I found a post that looked really perfect for us, and the price was right at $750. I asked Chris if he wanted to go see it with me, and he was busy with his grad school work. I saw it as important enough that I should go see it by myself. So, I did. And, sure enough, it was soooo cute! I applied for it, but I knew that there had been like 9 other applications, so I was kind of scared. I dragged Chris to it that night, and we had a fabulous visit with the guy that lives there, and he decided that he loved it to. The tenant said that he would call the landlord and recommend us. We had a little "interview" with the landlord on Wednesday, and he called early Thursday morning and offered it to us! We are moving in a week! Aaahhh! We are going to become landlords and put our place up for rent instead of selling it. We have been trying to sell it for a year, and it has not work, so we have decided that Heavenly Father must want us to go a different way!