Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful

I sprained my ankle yesterday but as of this writing am doing much better. Never let anyone try to tell that having your foot perpendicular to the rest of you body is every a good idea. I tried it yesterday playing basketball and boldly affirm this is never a good thing. You'd think that after about the fifteen or so times I have sprained my ankle, I would have learned this very important lesson. I guess I wanted to see if I could get a different outcome this time around and sure enough got the same results.

Despite hobbling around, this has not diminished my enjoyment of Thanksgiving one bit. I am thankful I had decided to bring my basketball shoes and wear them during the game. They have pretty good ankle support and helped lessen the severity of my injury. I am thankful that Mom and Dad Davis happened to have some spare crutches that I could use to get around. I am thankful my wife helped me out by taking care of my dishes and doing things for me so that I could rest my ankle.

Finally, I am thankful that there are people at home who are going to help us by putting in our new washer while I am not able to do it myself.

All in all, things are good and I cannot complain.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment