Friday, October 2, 2009

It's suddenly fall

I love living in Utah. One reason I like living in Utah is that Utah has four distinguishable seasons. It is nice to experience all of them in their fullness as opposed to Georgia which only has two; middle of August and pollen.

Having the seasons is nice. My only complaint is here they do not gracefully transition from one to another. It's like the last day of summer rolls around and the temperature is therefore obligated to drop fifty degrees. It is quite the shock to the system to have months of summer weather with temperatures in the 80s and 90s and then abruptly wake up one morning to a blistering 38 and have ice on your windshield.

The only thing I am asking is a graceful period of transition where one season gradually departs giving to its' incoming brother or sister. That's all I want. I want a slow transition from Summer to fall without being shocked into having to break out the sweaters and the winter coat overnight. Is that too much ask. I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment