Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Getting sick

One of the bummers about being alive (see the previous post) is that we are mortal.  And, yes, we get sick every now and then.
Unfortunately, we are experiencing a "sick" day at the Rusch household.  Actually, more like a "sick" week.

Chris was sick last week.  I was feeling squeamish yesterday.  So last night, we thought we would sleep off the sickness.
Not the case.
Chris went to bed FREEZING.  I am usually the cold-blooded one, but he went to bed in his sweats with a hoodie on his head.  I thought it was weird.  He even got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and get another blanket, which is just not like my dear husband at all.
And then he got up AGAIN in the middle of the night, and puked in the bathroom.  I didn't know what to do.  If I tried to help him in the bathroom, I knew that I would be vomiting too.  But if I was in bed asleep when he came back, he would think that I was a pretty cold, unfeeling wife.
So I got him a washcloth and soaked it in warm water.  I gave it to him and told him that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WAS HE GOING TO WORK TODAY.  He agreed.
Today, I spent the day at school helping out with career day and tired children.  Chris spent the day at home being tired.
Should I go home or not?  I want to go home because I am sick of school.  I don't want to go home because I might get really sick from Chris.

Hmmm . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment