The one request that he had for his birthday was cake and ice cream, so we delivered on that!
I made an elephant cake for him, which has now been through three generations.
Here is me on my third birthday with an elephant cake:
All in all, it was a fantastic and well-celebrated birthday!
Things I want to remember about Davis as a 2-year-old:
- He is so sweet to everyone. He is especially sweet to his little sister, and loves her so much. in fact, when she cries, he usually yells and cries too because it makes him very sad to see his sister sad.
- He USUALLY loves to share, which is pretty unusual for someone his age. He is just a kind little boy.
- Whenever I am upset, he tries to make me feel better by saying, "Don't worry, mommy. You are big!" because being big really helps things a lot. :)
- He has a profound love for his family. He loves mommy, daddy, Reagan, Grandma, Grandpa . . . he loves everyone in his family!
- He knows his ABC's and his numbers and colors. Not because I taught him, but because he is intensely curious about it all.
- And countless other reasons--we love you Davis Christopher Rusch!