The painting on the walls:
We have learned several things while doing this project. Some of them are:
- Doing a project like this takes more time, energy, and money than you can project.
- We got more DUST and DIRT in our house than we ever thought possible
- Chris, who I thought was not very handy, is actually an INCREDIBLE handyman! He can do anything, honestly!
- Having the right tools is a very necessary part of the project. For instance, we got a texture gun from Home Depot that saved our lives. My dad also loaned us a saw, and we got a power sander and a nail gun from guys in our ward. These tools shaved WEEKS, maybe even MONTHS off of the project!
- Youtube is a great resource. It taught Chris how to do a lot of things in the project!
- Having crazy, hair-brained ideas like, "Hey, let's make a closet," or, "Hey, let's put tile by the door," is a good thing.
- Taking the paneling off at the beginning was the best idea ever!!