Sunday, August 26, 2012

Top of Utah

It is now time for me to do a little bragging for my husband.  He completed the Top of Utah Half Marathon yesterday!  My brother and sister-in-law also completed it, and said that Chris was the rock of the race!  He never stopped and just kept jogging at a constant speed.  He finished in 2 hours, 44 minutes, which was WAY UNDER what he expected.  Way to go, babe!  My parents came to the race to help out with Taylor and Katie's kids, and to cheer them on (along with Chris).  We actually went to the Maverik that was about three miles from the finish, because Katie's mom called my mom and told her that they were there.  We seriously pulled in right as they were getting there, and were there for less than a minute to cheer them on, which was perfect timing!  Even a little too perfect!  Then we went to the finish line, and Dad paid a guy to park in his driveway, and we saw them finish.  Here are some pictures I took from the race . . .
 Here are Taylor and Katie waving hello to their kids.  We saw them about 3 miles before they finished.  It was so fun!

 Taylor finishing
 Chris finishing

 Taylor and Katie after the race
Chris after the race
 Everyone who raced--Taylor Cash, Katie and Taylor Davis, Chris, and Travis and Kellie
Way to go, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Chris is amazing. That was so much fun! Thanks for the great pictures! I'm so glad I can see your blog again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock Chris! Way to go. 13.1 miles is an absurd amount of miles to run!

    ReplyDelete