Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A FABULOUS trip!

I went to Boston last week with a bunch of other History teachers from my school.  Boston is a great place, full of tons of historical sites.  Here are some highlights (in no particular order):
 Coming into Plimoth Plantation.  We had a lot of fun exploring there!
 The rebuilt Mayflower II
 With the Patriot and British soldier at the North Bridge, where Lexington and Concord started
 Henry David Thoreau's statue reading an iPad.  We think we are funny.  We actually went to Walden Pond with him.  My mom says I need to get a grip on reality.  I know he is dead, but it was really a reenactor.
 The U.S.S. Constitution, which is the oldest working ship in America
I had the opportunity to weave, which I have never done.  I now understand why my mother wants to have a loom.  It is a very cool thing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment