Thursday, August 4, 2011

Canning

I have felt very strongly lately that we need to beef up our food storage.  Well, today, we did it!

We went to the Lindon cannery and canned black beans and macaroni.  That gave us the chance to buy other canned goods as well.

Then we borrowed a learned how to use a home canner, borrowed it, and brought it home to can rice and flour.  The reason is that I am picky about my rice and flour, and you can't bring stuff into the Lindon Cannery to do there.  So, we got one to bring home.


This is the pile of boxes and the set up canning machine.
This is Chris sealing the cans with the machine.  It is actually a way cool process!
This is the finished product!  I thought of a new, INGENIOUS place to store the cans so they don't have to be in the garage with the heat!  Check it out:
On the stairs that lead to nowhere!  What a great idea!  I know, I know, I am proud!  Now, when I can 18 cans during our relief society activity, I know exactly where I will put them!

No comments:

Post a Comment