Friday, July 8, 2011

The prophet said to plant a garden

That's what my brother said every time we complimented his wife on her flower garden.  So funny.
But we have a real live vegetable garden in our backyard.
We left this week to celebrate the Fourth of July with my family (more on that later . . . )
And when we came back, our garden had erupted.
Which is great.
So we weeded this morning and then I took some pictures.
Here is the overall garden:



And some of the things in it:
 Turnips--any idea of what to do with turnips?  Not my idea, by the way
 Strawberries . . . yum!
 Beans

 Pumpkins


 And cucumbers . . . I'm not sure which is which.  But when I look closely, I can tell.
 Corn--so the rule is "knee high by the Fourth of July."  It definitely was not knee high before we left last week.  But, when we came back, it had exploded!  We are very excited!
Onions.  These are a transplant from Chris's classroom.

We are quite proud of our little garden.  We planted it, unsure of exactly what would happen.  And this is what we got.  Yippee!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! It looks great. That is one great benefit of having a yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just jumped over from Baby Making and wanted to say good job on your garden. This is my second year of gardening and I am falling in love with it. Even the weeding. It is like a little meditation space for me. Lots of good energy there.

    ReplyDelete