Saturday, August 22, 2009

New car, New hair, and One year!

A lot has been going on lately, so here is the long and short of it . . .

New car: A week ago, Chris and I went shopping for a new car.  We went to the Larry H. Miller dealership in Murray, because we saw that they had a 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid that was exactly the same color as the wrecked Honda Civic Hybrid.  We had to take Chris's brother with us, because Chris was still recovering from his surgery.  We drove it, and loved it, so we bought it.  We actually like it a lot!  There have been a lot of improvements on the newer model, most significantly, a built-in navigation system.  We think that is a very cool thing, since we are both directionally impaired.


Here is my handsome husband posing with the new car!

New hair: I decided that I am sick of having to get my hair dyed every 6 weeks or less, so this time that I went, I actually had it dyed my natural color.  I have wondered for years what that would look like!  It actually isn't too remarkable, which is a good thing!  It is also healthier and I think it will be easier to manage long term! It is actually, surprisingly enough, not that different.  I have not received any comments on it yet, which I guess is a good thing.

One year: Chris and I celebrated that tomorrow is a year from the day that we met today.  We went to PF Chang's for dinner, and got, quite possibly, the best meal that I have ever had at that establishment.  One year down, with many to go!  We really did have fun reminiscing about a year ago and how we both felt after meeting each other at Gloria's Italian restaurant in Provo.


In other news, I counted up my total number of students in my classes, and I have a whopping total of 242!  Wow!  How in the world am I really supposed to teach them all?  I think that most of my time this year will be spent on classroom management, which is too bad, since I have a lot of other stuff that I would like to do too!




1 comment:

  1. Tina, 242 students?!! That's insane! I know the students will love you so much that it'll help you work with them easier.
    Congratulations on your new car, the haircut and a happy anniversary! I hope we'll get to meet Chris some time soon. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete